Microsoft admits Cortana is an epic failure by shamelessly selling Amazon Echo Dot

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Microsoft admits Cortana is an epic failure by shamelessly selling Amazon Echo Dot

Post by FlyingPenguin »

First thing I do when I install Win10 is disable Cortana.

I do use the Google assistant on my phone.

Microsoft needs to concentrate on it's core businesses: Azure, Windows, Server, Xbox, and their suprisingly good Surface products.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Re: Microsoft admits Cortana is an epic failure by shamelessly selling Amazon Echo Dot

Post by Err »

I think Cortana could've taken off had Microsoft's phone OS had be adopted. They were just too late to the game. I just don't want to control my PC or laptop with voice commands. I don't need an assistant to do something that I can do with keyboard shortcuts and a mouse.

I agree with FP. Microsoft needs to focus on their core business. The Xbox needs games. I really don't get why the Xbox One X doesn't have Windows on it. The Xbox one X is capable of 4K and has an UHD player in it. If I could install and play my Steam or GOG library on it, I'd buy one to use just has a gaming/entertainment PC.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Console fags will never agree to having a "computer" for a console.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Pugsley wrote:Console fags will never agree to having a "computer" for a console.
:w
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

The same way that a game pad is superior to a keyboard and mouse for FPS games. :)