Microsoft is building its own Chrome browser to replace Edge

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Microsoft is building its own Chrome browser to replace Edge

Post by FlyingPenguin »

And we all bid a not so fond farewell to Edge.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/4/1812 ... e-chromium
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Microsoft is building its own Chrome browser to replace Edge

Post by FlyingPenguin »

LOL!
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I don't know what they were expecting. Nobody in the corporate world uses it. We still have to use IE because our ERP and document control systems use JAVA.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I use it on my Surface in tablet mode because it works much better in tablet mode than anything else, but it does have serious compatibility issues.

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Err wrote:I don't know what they were expecting. Nobody in the corporate world uses it. We still have to use IE because our ERP and document control systems use JAVA.
Same here at my place of employment. We are using 10 Pro, but using IE 11 only. We also have Chrome installed that we can use, but it's not the default browser that IT setup. We can't use Chrome for our document system, which leaves only IE. In fact, we are suppose to use IE 8 for our document control system, but we can't use it for our company maintenance database that prefers version 11. We also have a document reporting system from IBM that only works with IE 11 and not Chrome.