Malwarebytes causing some Win7 PCs to freeze

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Malwarebytes causing some Win7 PCs to freeze

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I have at least one client who has this problem. We were scratching our heads last week wondering if her mobo was failing.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/2 ... zelock-up/

Workaround for now is to uninstall, and install an older version and then disable auto updates until they can fix the issue. Instructions and download link are in that article linked above under "Workarounds".
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Re: Malwarebytes causing some Win7 PCs to freeze

Post by Executioner »

Hum...that is strange as I have 5 pc's running it with win7 with no issues to report.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

You using Premium? I think it would only be Premium because otherwise it's not running in the background all the time.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Yes premium.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I know Malwarebytes is a bit puzzled. It's only on a few Win7 PCs. They are asking people with the issue to send them data dumps of a utility they have to see if they can figure it out.

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Yikes, I have a client with probably 100+ desktops, many on Windows 7 running Malwarebytes. He's been hit a couple times with Emotet and another in the past few months. This would be icing on the cake if they start to freeze cause of Malwarebytes.