Post Windows 10 will no longer auto install feature updates twice a year

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post Windows 10 will no longer auto install feature updates twice a year

Post by FlyingPenguin »

About F'ing time. You can sort of get the same control over "feature" updates in Win 10 Pro by changing to the longer update channel for business, but Win 10 Home users have been screwed until now.

This is exactly the way they should have done it all along. Every version of Win10 has 18 months of support for the benefit of Enterprise and small business users, so it's not a problem for them to do this.

Trouble is the article gets one thing wrong. They claim, as an example, that users running 1809 could opt out of the next three feature updates. That doesn't sound right since this modification to Windows Update won't be available to anyone before version 1903, unless I'm reading this wrong and MS intends to release a patch for WIndows Update in earlier versions.

https://m.windowscentral.com/microsoft- ... ates-users
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "