It's time to squirrel away a clean copy of Win10 version 1903

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

It's time to squirrel away a clean copy of Win10 version 1903

Post by FlyingPenguin »

If you're like me, you're not interested in upgrading to the latest & greatest version of Win10 until all the other guinea pigs have tried it first, and the fall build (probably named 1909) should be released next month, and it may be hard to find the previous (and fully stable) 1903 build afterwards, so download an image of 1903 while you still can.

I'm still on 1803, and when I'm good and ready I'll upgrade to 1903 which is working fine on some test and charity systems I've tried it on.

You can also still get 1809 if you still want to but you can't do that via the Media Creation Tool (that always pulls the latest version). If you go to the Win10 update site on a WinXP OS or from Linux, however, you will have the option to download the 1809 or 1903 ISO.

All discussed here:
https://www.computerworld.com/article/3 ... -1903.html
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Re: It's time to squirrel away a clean copy of Win10 version 1903

Post by Executioner »

I have all the versions in the hub. Currently running 1809.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Got a new gaming laptop. It's running 1803. Should I go to 1903? Can I just run it the upgrade?
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

You can use the bootable ISO. If you run it from within Windows it will give you the option of doing an update or clean install.

I would highly recommend uninstalling any 3rd party AV before the upgrade.

Needless to say, image it first just in case.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Thanks for the info. Not going to bother imaging though. It's a brand new gaming laptop.