windows 10 restart problem

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

windows 10 restart problem

Post by reno »

really weird problem . background all out of focus . but on the right lower corner there 3 start icon in focus . the keyboard don't seem to work . but the mouse im able to use the pointer all around the screen . i do have a pop up box on the right lower corner it saids in it - narrator (off) ,magnifier (on screen keyboard) high contrast (off) stick key (off ) filter key (off)
the 3 icons below this box -one looks like a globe, next to it looks like a clock at 3 o clock , lastly is a round knob pointed at 12 oclock like a volume knob . earlier i'd it the screen to blink out and the windows restart/ upgrade wheel would show for a a min or two . only able restart or shut computer by hitting the restart button on my wifes desktop . the when it starts up im ask to start in windows 10 or restore system .then in like 5-10 seconds it returns to out of focus screen .
:bang :bang :bang :bang
reno

Re: windows 10 restart problem

Post by reno »

a response i just got from microsoft's support site below will try it tomorrow .
Hi Michael

That blurred screen was introduced in version 1903 of WIndows 10, it is the lock screen, are you unable to progress to the login screen from that screen>

Are you stuck on that blurred screen and not able to log into Windows?

If so:

Start your PC, just as Windows attempts to load (spinning dots), press and hold Power Button for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a Hard Shut Down

Do this twice

On the third start Windows will boot into the Recovery Environment and from there you can access System Repair, Safe Mode, Command Prompt . . . etc.

Please try each option one at a time, then see of Windows will boot to the login screen. . .

Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - Startup Repair
See if Windows startup can repair itself

Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - System Restore
Check to see if you have a restore point you can go back to
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

That's not promising. Sounds like corruption in the drive.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Since you can use the mouse, try logging in using the on screen keyboard.
reno

Post by reno »

had to do a restore on this computer - sucks to went back to a windows 7 home :(
do I need say all was wiped ~
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

You couldn't do a system recovery from the Win10 recovery boot?
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "