Brave Browser

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
Executioner
Life Member

Brave Browser

Post by Executioner »

Anyone here using Brave Browser? I've always been a FF user, but I noticed with Brave I don't need Ublock Orgin, PrivacyBadger, and AdGuard Adblocker. It seems to stop all this junk from getting through. With FF, I have to have all those extensions installed. Not only that, but it load a lot faster than FF and even Chrome. I do have the new Edge installed, but I don't trust MS. It seems that Brave really respects your privacy from the reviews I've seen on line.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Brave Browser

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I use Brave instead of Chrome as a secondary browser - just for Google stuff. I keep that browser open all the time with my calendar, contacts, SMS, maps and gmail so I can sync with my phone.

I still prefer Firefox as my primary browser, along with Ublock Origin.

I do not recommend the built in ad blocker in Brave - it is EXTREMELY aggressive and will break a lot of web sites, and is difficult to tweak. I disabled it and use Ublock Origin.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Brave Browser

Post by Losbot »

I use Brave mostly. I've found that it CAN be a little aggressive but not that bad. I also have FF handy on my other screen for referencing stuff.
------------------------------------------