Firefox anti-spam extension generates disposable email aliases

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
Executioner
Life Member

Firefox anti-spam extension generates disposable email aliases

Post by Executioner »

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Firefox anti-spam extension generates disposable email aliases

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Nice.

Been doing that for 20 years, but directly through the domains I own. I have a domain setup so I can just makeup a virtual email on the fly, and unless I specifically block that email, it gets forwarded to my actual email account. Thus I make a unique email for every account I have.

Unique email & unique password, so if one is compromised it doesn't affect anything else.

If it starts to get spammed, I know who sold my email (FYI: SiriusXM is selling your email to EVERYONE) and I can block it.

No one knows my ACTUAL email. Even my friends all have virtual emails that get forwarded to my actual account.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Executioner
Life Member

Re: Firefox anti-spam extension generates disposable email aliases

Post by Executioner »

I'm still on Yahoo News. Been on there for ~15 years. I'd like to leave it if possible, and get something more secure and leave the Yahoo one for my spam account. I now have Thunderbird setup to get and send my emails to Yahoo, which now is nice, because Yahoo now will block and change your email to basic if you have an ad blocker with a browser. Fvckers. Make you wonder if other sites will start doing the same thing.