Finally upgraded WinAmp 2.x to 5.8

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
Executioner
Life Member

Finally upgraded WinAmp 2.x to 5.8

Post by Executioner »

I was having issues playing FLAC file formats with the old version, and I could not find a plugin that would work. So I decided to take a look at the new Winamp 5.8. I like the fact that you can even select the old classic style, and I even used my old skin from 2.x - Alpine. The classic display is identical but the resolution of the display has been improved, and it's more compatible with Windows 10. I did a custom install as I don't need the Winamp agent and for it to play video files.
https://download.nullsoft.com/winamp/cl ... _en-us.exe

Here is a video of the new version 5.8:
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Finally upgraded WinAmp 2.x to 5.8

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Hmmm. Might look into that. Still using 2.7x here.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

UPDATE: I tried to open a mp3 file by double clicking on the mp3 file to open winamp which it does BUT the file is not in the library window. The only way to get it to play is to hit the play button then select the folder/directory of the file. My guess is that MS made some update which screwed up the ability to play. So I set the default to windows media player.
If I right click the file and select open with winamp, then it works. I'll keep looking for a work around, but this is really disappointing. The program was working fine.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

OK got it fixed:
Go to default file apps by default
look for mp3 file type
Click on the current default player then select winamp

Now it works.