Dissenter Browser

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
Executioner
Life Member

Dissenter Browser

Post by Executioner »

Anyone here try it? It allows you to comment on any web site. It has GAB built in. The GAB add-on was removed from FF and Google. This site goes into detail about how it started: https://blokt.com/guides/dissenter-review

It's a fork off of Brave browser but without the Brave stuff.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Dissenter Browser

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Why do I need a plugin or a browser to comment on a website? I could, oh I dunno, comment directly on Gab or reddit.

But having dived into that article, I don't see the big deal. It's an open source browser, forked off another open source browser. As long as you trust Gab, more power.

Seems unnecessary though. All they did was make their own browser just to install a banned addon. You can force install an addon in Chrome or Brave, even if it's banned from the Google addon store. There's a simple way to sideload, just like you can sideload apps on Android that aren't in the store. Same for Firefox.

Oh, BTW, that article implies that Chromium is an open source project that Google just mooched for Chrome. Google is the creator, major funder and major contributor of Chromium. They released Chrome in 2008 and released the core 'Chromium' as open source. Chromium is based on Chrome, not the other way around. When Google makes a major retrofit of Chrome, it usually gets incorporated into Chromium. It's their baby as much as Linux is Linus Tovald's baby.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.