Debloat Windows 10

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
Executioner
Life Member

Debloat Windows 10

Post by Executioner »

Anyone of you geeks tried this tool?

https://christitus.com/debloat-windows-10-2020/

Pugsley

Re: Debloat Windows 10

Post by Pugsley »

I dont know... but I am going to try it on my ATCS computer down at the museum to see if it will run better and not nag about updates ruining the interface.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Pugsley: There's a configuration checklist here for running Win10 in Kiosk mode, which includes disabling notifications: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... sk-prepare

Exec: I don't like to trust someone else's script. Pretty much everything he mentions can be done simply enough. I have no problem with Windows 10 apps being installed as long as they aren't running in the background. It's not like they use a lot of space. I use Spybot anti-beacon to block telemetry and phone home crap (it just creates a block list in your HOSTS file, and checks on Windows start to make sure an update hasn't reset it).

A reminder I have a checklist to do all this here, which I just updated with more detailed auto update and driver blocks:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=60774
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I'm not using Spybot, but I am using Shutup10.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Thanks for that. Have to give it a read and set it up. Its just a display of local railroads that the public can see. It what a dispatcher would see on his console.