Ransomware warning: Cyber criminals are mailing out USB drives that install malware

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Ransomware warning: Cyber criminals are mailing out USB drives that install malware

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Don't insert USB drives from unknown sources, even if they're addressed to you in the post.
https://www.zdnet.com/article/fbi-cyber ... ansomware/
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Re: Ransomware warning: Cyber criminals are mailing out USB drives that install malware

Post by reno »

read about this a couple days ago. we warned all the old folks in my community to be on the look out . its sad how easy they taken and taken over and over again. even when you intervene they still allow them self to be screw over by internet trolls . seen it first hand here in my 55 and over community . they get free internet and tv as part of are condo monthly fee's . it drive me nuts some of the older one still want and feel its a must have to have land lines .even do they all own cell phones and use them .but they pay the cable company for there land lines phones that sit there collecting dust.
they wont even answer them when it rings because they know its a advertiser. they tell me that's all that calls them on that line.