window 11 printer problem DA

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

window 11 printer problem DA

Post by reno »

have a Brothers dcp-L2540DW and all was good till a couple of days ago .running window 11 pro and lost my wireless connection to my printer on my laptop . now we do have are wife desk to connected to this printer via a USB . but im having a heck of a time trying to reconnect to the dell 3510 laptop . we are able to see the loaded drivers for my printer and it will fine it . but it having a bit of a time doing so it see my neighbors HP printer first and then will come up but we have to let windows search for it in settings .then it runs to connect the printer saids unable to load /connect . also said run trouble shooting in windows .im just not sure whats the malfunction is but will not reconnect install on my laptop.:( im sure it my forgetfulness but im just lost as how to reconnect it .im not as happy with the control panel in windows 11 pro . windows 7 and 10 sure seem easier to navigate in control panel. we maybe calling brothers on monday for help . wife did disconnect the printer from her computer and fix that earlier then found mine got took off line to today not had to print from mine for a day or two so not sure when it started . she informed me this morning that she couldn't print some forms out on her computer .her came right back once we reconnected the usb cable and wala all her stuff printed right away.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: window 11 printer problem DA

Post by FlyingPenguin »

You want to have the printer connect to your house's wireless router network, then your laptop will see it as a network printer if it's also on that network. I'm sure that's how you were doing it before.

You don't connect your laptop to the printer's Wifi directly, otherwise your laptop won't have any Internet.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

thanks took 5 mins today to get it. yesterday i was having a brain fart. just needed to connect via usb to the printer and reload printer in setting all was good again .
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Cool!
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "