Microsoft's latest security patch troubles Windows 11 users

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Microsoft's latest security patch troubles Windows 11 users

Post by reno »

The curse of Patch Tuesday strikes again as error codes wreak minor havoc
Complaints over Microsoft's latest patch Tuesday have intensified after some Windows 11 users found their systems worse for wear following installation.

The July 12 patch, KB5015814, was a relatively straightforward one that dealt with a number of what Microsoft delicately termed "security issues" in its summary. It also included the content of the preview (KB5014668) that was released in June and featured search highlights consisting of "notable and interesting moments of what's special about each day," according to Microsoft.

Unfortunately, what appears to be making last week's Patch Tuesday notable for some Windows 11 users is not quite as chirpy as the content of search highlights. Instead, users have found themselves faced with a variety of error codes, some resulting in a boot loop.

Microsoft has, at the time of writing, remained tight-lipped on the problems. The only known issues listed are related to .NET Framework 3.5 apps failing to open or issues with modal dialog boxes in Edge's Internet Explorer mode tab. Users have instead taken to social media channels for spleen-venting purposes.
Complaints over Microsoft's latest patch Tuesday have intensified after some Windows 11 users found their systems worse for wear following installation.

https://www.theregister.com/2022/07/18/ ... _problems/
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Re: Microsoft's latest security patch troubles Windows 11 users

Post by reno »

I just hope microsoft history with windows 11 don't repeat its self .were every other release was full of bugs like the days of Windows ME.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I'm running 11 on my Dell G5 ES 5505 gaming laptop with that updated installed. Haven't noticed any issues.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I force my systems to stay 2 months behind updates. Let someone else do the beta testing.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Yeah I should upgrade my 11 from home to pro in order to have some more options, but that was the way I bought it. All my other pc's have 10 pro.