Win 11. I see that in Device Security>Core Isolation I cannot enable Memory Integrity due to driver compatibility Win11

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
Executioner
Life Member

Win 11. I see that in Device Security>Core Isolation I cannot enable Memory Integrity due to driver compatibility Win11

Post by Executioner »

Just thought I would share this if someone else could not enable memory integrity.

Background:
To check, click on Windows Security. Click on Device Security, then Core Isolation. Mine was off. I tried to turn it on, but it said I had incompatable drivers installed. They were:
HHTHid.sys
LGBusEnum.sys
LGJoyXICore.sys
LGJoyHidFilter.sys
LGVirHid.sys

They were all about 3-4 years old, and I had no idea how they got there because I bought this Dell G5 5505 Gaming Laptop used with Win11 already installed. Anyway, I could not manually delete the "SYS" driver alone. I had to also delete the INF file which will delete all the drivers in that particular folder.

I had to use the "pnputil" command in a command prompt as admin.

I opened the location of the file so you can get the exact path where it's stored. The syntax is: pnputil /d xxxxxx.inf where "xxxxxx" refers to the name of the INF file. Once the INF file is deleted, all the files in that folder will be removed.

Most of these old drivers were in the folder: >Windows > System32 > DriverStore > FileRepository