Anyone use Warpinator for Windows?

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
Executioner
Life Member

Anyone use Warpinator for Windows?

Post by Executioner »

I came across this while reading another thread on another forum. I have Linux Mint installed on a spare laptop, but had no idea that this utility (Warpinator) allows you to transfer files between Linux, Windows, IOS, and mobile. Any of you geeks used this on Windows? I'm tempted to install it so I can easily transfer files within my own network on Windows.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Anyone use Warpinator for Windows?

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Well you don't need a utility to transfer files to/from your file server or NAS to/from Windows or Linux, so I assume it's mobile you're more interested in?

On Android I use FX Explorer, which let's me transfer files to/from our phones to my Windows file server over the LAN, as a simple SMB file transfer like any OS: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... nextapp.fx

If you have IoS then good luck to you. Apple does not make file transfers simple. Welcome to the walled garden.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

No not so much for mobile, but between each Windows 10 machine in my house. I currently use a flash drive to copy files to another machine.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Why not use file transfers over network? I thought you had an old PC setup as a file server?
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Nope. The only PC I have that acts like a server is the Hub pc.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

You could always pick one of your PC's that's on all the time, or the hub, to host a shared folder, call it "Shared Files" or something and just have a shortcut, or a mapped drive to that folder on every PC.