Screen capture

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
Losbot
Almighty Member

Screen capture

Post by Losbot »

What are you all using for screen capture and making GIFS? I want to record video and make some GIFS. I haven't looked into that stuff in ages and I want something lightweight. I don't trust the stuff I se on the Internet so I'd prefer asking you all.
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Screen capture

Post by FlyingPenguin »

HD Video Converter Factory Pro, which I mainly use to download Youtube videos and transcode mkv videos to MP4, also has a screen capture and GIF maker feature. Never used the screen cap, but I have used the GIF maker a few times.

https://www.videoconverterfactory.com/h ... converter/
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

What FP said. I have the same software.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Bob - Did you stop using AVC for downloading / converting?

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

AVC has dropped support for their downloader. It doesn't work with YouTube anymore, so I switched to HD Video Converter Factory Pro.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

That's odd. Been using it still and I've had no issues with it. Have you encountered links that just refuse to work?

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

In YouTube? Yes. When I contacted support they told me they were not longer supporting the Youtube downloader in their product, and they recommended downloading the Youtube Video Downloader, which does work, but I also have issues with AVC crashing on me sometimes when converting several files using GPU MP4 encoding, and they've never addressed that.

Video Converter Factory Pro works flawlessly for me, so I've completely moved over to that.