Get "USB Safely Remove" for free

Post all the great deals here to share with other Ferengi's
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Get "USB Safely Remove" for free

Post by FlyingPenguin »

http://safelyremove.com/giveaway10K.htm
Starting from September 26th we are giving away 10,000 of free licenses for version 4.1 of the award-winning program USB Safely Remove!
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

b-man1

Post by b-man1 »

never heard of it, but just grabbed it to add to the collection! thanks
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Interesting. Nice that you can limit the autorun features of USB devices.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I used to just pull my USB flash drives out on XP & Vista PCs and not think twice about it. HOWEVER I have found that with flash drives that are 8Gb or larger, I consistently get delayed write errors.

This can be pretty darn annoying with my toolkit flash drives (8 & 16Gb). Several times I've rebooted a client's PC and had it detect errors on the flash drive after an improper removal, and then it takes a LONG time to run the repair on that big a stick if I'm not quick enough to cancel it.

I've gotten into the habit of using the Safely Remove option just for that reason.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Get "USB Safely Remove" for free

Post by FlyingPenguin »

FOLLOWUP:

I am still using this program. They just released version 6. I went ahead and upgraded to a lifetime upgrade license since it's indispensable to me.

http://safelyremove.com/index.htm