Corsair K70 LUX backlit mechanical keyboard $80 on Amazon

Post all the great deals here to share with other Ferengi's
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Corsair K70 LUX backlit mechanical keyboard $80 on Amazon

Post by FlyingPenguin »

These Cherry MX mechanical keyboards are usually $120. This is a pretty good price for a real mechanical gaming-class keyboard.

$85 for the Cherry MX Blue keys which are great for touch typing. The Cherry MX Red keys is also $85 is better for gaming. The Cherry MX Brwon key version is a nice compromise for both gaming and typing.

I own two of the older Corsair Vengeance K70s with Cherry MX Red keys. One with a blue backlight and one with a red. I love them. One is on my main workstation and the other is on my gaming PC. The red does tend to be a bit more clickety, but I like that even for typing. I use silicon "O" rings to dampen the clicking.

Once you try a true mechanical keyboard, you'll never go back to a mushy membrane keyboard.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ER4B8B4
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Re: Corsair K70 LUX backlit mechanical keyboard $80 on Amazon

Post by Genom »

Thanks. Been wanting a new mechanical kb. Price is good enough to say screw it. Got the blues since I dont use the KB for gaming.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

One of my old K70 Vengeance keyboards (the oldest) is getting flaky and out of warranty. I've been using that one on the main workstation, but it glitches sometimes.

So I ordered a Cherry MX Brown model to replace it. Just came in. Quality of build is almost the same as the Vengeance. The space key is a little too clicky, but I have some silicon o-ring dampers I installed on the space key that fixed it.

BTW: Some people are confused by the "Bios" switch on the back of the keyboard. It sets the polling time from 1 to 8 ms, or the default legacy "BIOS" mode. For typing 4 or 8 is fine. For gaming, the faster the better so 1 or 2 if your mobo doesn't have any issues with those settings.

However, if you ever need to boot the PC into the BIOS menu, you may have to flip the switch to BIOS for legacy mode in order for the mobo to see the keyboard. Some modern mobos don't care.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

They must have not read the manual.