Good price for a decent watch display case

Post all the great deals here to share with other Ferengi's
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Good price for a decent watch display case

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Three of my watches are Citizen Eco-Drives and need to be exposed to light to keep them charged. I used to just leave them on the dresser but I decided a wanted a nice presentation case with a window.

Picked this one up on a whim from Amazon. I wasn't expecting anything great because of the price, but it had excellent reviews and I figured I could always return it. Most of the other cases had wildly varying or outright terrible reviews.

Case looks nice, good quality. Some people complain that theirs won't stay open but my hinges lock open just fine. The biggest complain, and I agree, is that the watch pillows/cushions should be larger. They don't fit snugly in the compartments and the watch (especially a heavy one) can roll around a bit. But that's a minor quibble. Certainly well worth it for only $34 (I bought the darker Expresso Wood model when it was selling for $28 a month ago). The light wood model is $30.

I THINK the top is glass. I'm actually having a hard time telling. It's clear as glass, doesn't feel or look like plastic but I don't get as high a ring from it when I tap metal on it, although that may be because it's firmly mounted.

Solid Wood Watch Box Organizer with Glass Display Top by Case Elegance
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AFRU4X0

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

normalicy

Re: Good price for a decent watch display case

Post by normalicy »

I might need to get one. I have about 4 watches I keep in rotation. Though, these days, my Pebble stays on a lot more.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

I don't even own a watch these days . with a cell phone on my side and clock in the car ,the clock on are wall or on most appliances that are digital now .they keep good time and seem to be one in every room of are house's .except for maybe the restrooms. :smackme
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Yeah I gave up my watch years ago when I got a cell phone, but those are nice watches Bob.
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

reno wrote:I don't even own a watch these days . with a cell phone on my side and clock in the car ,the clock on are wall or on most appliances that are digital now .they keep good time and seem to be one in every room of are house's .except for maybe the restrooms. :smackme
Well, at this point, watches are used more as jewelry than for telling time :) With the exception of doing outdoor activities. When I go camping, hiking, etc... I wear one specific to not have to take out my phone, which is usually in a backpack, as well as not risk dropping on a rock or side of a cliff hehe.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

^ What he said. Those are my "jewelry" watches - a couple were anniversary gifts from the wife because I'm too cheap to spend a lot of money on a watch myself.

However I DO wear a basic $40 ruggedized Casio G-Shock everyday. To me, it's way too inconvenient to pull my phone out of my pocket to check the time - and since I work on a schedule with service calls, I check the time all the time. I've never been without a watch all my life.

Like Psypher pointed out, you also don't want to fumble with a phone if you're out hiking, or in my case, mountain biking. that's a good way to break your phone.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I love watches and have spent more than I should admit to (easily 5 figures). I'm preferring automatics these days. I have the case below, keeping some of my nicer watches going but I'll need to eventually get another or a larger one. Don't know how that will work out.