Replica watches.

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
Invisible Evil

Replica watches.

Post by Invisible Evil »

Have any of you ever bought one of these?
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Invisible Evil wrote:Have any of you ever bought one of these?
Is Replica a brand or are you taking about a fake Rolex? I had a frind in high school who bought a fake Rolex as a joke. You can tell the difference as a real Rolex doesn't tick.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

I'm too cheap to buy replicas. Actually, I'm big into the Japanese watches because they are well made & reasonably priced.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

My Seiko Titanium is the best watch I've ever owned. My parents bought it for me about 10 years ago to wear to work. It's scratched up but I still love it because it's so light. Had to have the battery replaced once and the crown replaced after I dropped it.
RubberDuckie

Post by RubberDuckie »

Who needs a watch? Cell phones have the time.
JSTMF
Qui Gon-Jinn
Golden Member

Post by Qui Gon-Jinn »

RubberDuckie wrote:Who needs a watch? Cell phones have the time.
and.. if you look down.... yeah.. over there on the right.. Time is on your screen.

Wait.. you mean you go places that Don't have you sitting in front of a computer..

Just because I am an a$$hole.. doesn't mean I don't care..

FCKGW RHQQ2 YXRKT 8TG6W 2B7Q8
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Who needs a watch? Cell phones have the time.
You know I hear that all the time, and I suppose it's okay for certain cell phone users. MY phone is in my holster all day - I use a bluetooth headset. Even before I used a headset it was certainly FAR more convenient to look at my watch than take my cell phone out of my pocket or holster to look at it. That's like a step backwards to pocket watches.

For every-day I wear a $40 Casio G-Shock. Rugged, indestructable, reliable, easy to read.

For dress I used to wear replica watches but they break down or tarnish easily. Plus I wear them so rarely that the battery would always be dead when I needed it. So for last Christmas I asked the wife to buy me a nice dress automatic self-winding watch (the watch is wound just by normal body movements, never have to change a battery). I was looking at the Armitrons for a while in the $125 range but settled on a stainless steel Folio they had on sale at WalMart for $75. Nice watch. Very big, very pretty.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Invisible Evil

Post by Invisible Evil »

I try to stick with Bulova, and Seiko... Both have been Such good watches.

My wife wants an Omega...Jesus Christ! I cannot see spending 5000.00 for a watch... Let me rephrase that I CANNOT spend that on a watch.

So I was looking around on the net and found some swiss made replicas. I just thought Id see whats up with them....I know her and she wouldnt know :)
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Get the replica! Heck I bet the replica is more than I've ever spent on a watch. So long as it's not Chinese, it's probably not bad. Not to mention, she'll get over it & want something else in a few years.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Invisible Evil wrote: My wife wants an Omega...Jesus Christ! I cannot see spending 5000.00 for a watch... Let me rephrase that I CANNOT spend that on a watch.

know :)
I though about getting that Omega 40th Ann. Moon Landing watch for my dad until I found out it was $1,800. For that kind of money I can hire someone to be with him all day and tell him the time.
renovation

Post by renovation »

i know years ago (30 plus ) Omega watch company was very diligent. in working with the FBI about going after fake or replica of there watches. i know about a group of wholesalers who spent time in federal pens over Omega replica personally . :(
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

Old fashioned timex, etc. for me! I can't read a digital watch without glasses, so I stay with the little hand/big hand ones :)

I had one more expensive diving watch but it died at 115 feet (it was rated to that depth). It was a discontinued model from Timex so they sent me back some stupid Iron Man watch which I ended up giving to my kid.
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>
ZYFER

Post by ZYFER »

They are hard to find, but if you look for them you can find them. There are some Analog/Digital watches you can get for less than $50. I never saw the need to spend too much money for something that tells the time.
When all else fails, replace the user.
Cheap

Post by Cheap »

i got a fossil at my college graduation many years ago. only wore it a couple times. it's fine, but no need really.
eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

Usually the replicas will be lighter than the factory originals, but other than that, it's very hard to tell the difference. I'd try to review some of the watches ahead of time. Hope you find what you're looking for.

eGo
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!