Urine or You're Out

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
nitro237

Urine or You're Out

Post by nitro237 »

THE JOB - URINE TEST
(Whoever wrote this one deserves a HUGE pat on the back!)

Like most folks in this country, I had a job. I worked, they paid me. I still pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck in my case, I had a required to pass a random urine test (with which I have no problem). What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.
So, here is my Question: Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?
Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their #$@ - doing drugs, while I work. . . . Can you imagine how much money each state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?
I guess we could title that program, 'Urine or You're Out'.

d_b

Post by d_b »

Amen!
I'm not lazy by nature, I work very hard at being lazy.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I'm sure the states would figure out how to spend more money implementing the program than it would cost to not do it.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

I swear I've been over this before somewhere. IMO, it's worth even spending more money to keep the people who are going to waste it from getting it. However, then you also increase the likelyhood of theft & robberies due to their lack of income.
darcy

Post by darcy »

good program, ~ in theory!
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
theophilusmousse

Post by theophilusmousse »

...... o.O

to paraphrase....
"Give them their welfare checks or they are going to start knocking over convenience stores and breaking into houses..."

I hope that is not really what you meant, I really do.
Run, run, run, as fast as you can...
you can't catch me, I'm the Stinky Cheese Man.
Shadow250
Golden Member

Post by Shadow250 »

Err wrote:I'm sure the states would figure out how to spend more money implementing the program than it would cost to not do it.
:s aid:

<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=9490"><font color=red>My Heatware<font/></a> <font color=white><font size="2"> :cool

:hic :rockon:
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

there's a local guy who keeps trying to get that passed in hereabouts. It's fine in principle but there is one little catch....rehab programs. The only state-funded program here is the regional jail. It's a nasty circle if you drug test - mom tests dirty 2x - kids are placed in foster care for big $$, mom starts hustling to get enough money to get $$ and get well to try and figure out what to do, rinse and repeat.

in the meantime the local methadone clinic is so busy it had to hire a security guy to direct traffic.

I deal with a lot of folks who are strung out on this and that, but some of them really want to change and quit dead-ending themselves. Statistically most of them won't make it.

What pisses me off endlessly is how the local feds mow down two-bit street hustlers and give 'em 10 years while the folks dealing keys of product a week out of baltimore and philly are doing just fine............

it's so stupid and sad here that it is almost comical. drive to baltimore, score, get high on the way back, decide to get off main highway and cut through charles town, get stopped for traffic, get busted for possession w/ intent....rinse and repeat.
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>
ZYFER

Post by ZYFER »

I do agree, if a person is doing drugs, that is not what that money was for. The issue is, if these people do these drugs, there is no knowing who is the one who paid for them. What this does do is add an additional layer of cost on top of the program as it is.
When all else fails, replace the user.
nitro237

Post by nitro237 »

P.S.A.

I don't think the author of this was really serious about implementing this. I think he only meant to make people think about it. Irony. It was just meant for amusement.

P.S.A.

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Well if they are on drugs the chance of them getting a legitimate job is about 0.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]