this seem right to you -sad story

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
renovation

this seem right to you -sad story

Post by renovation »

my neighbors dad was found dead in his home yesterday AM. his sister go's there to check on dad and finds him laying in the bathroom on the floor. she calls 911 and the fire depart and police arrive . the cops say it looks like he died natural .and around midnight the night before. they tell them that they need to call a someone to pick him up (funeral home ) and there is nothing they can do . they leave him laying right there on the floor. now let me back up a little bit. my neighbor (bill) is a hour away and the cops stay with his sister the whole hour till he arrives. so my neighbor has to find a funeral home he has no idea who to call .the cops say there a good one down the street. we'll he starts making some calls most homes won't make house calls to pick up the dead.

but i always thought when you died at home and it was not a hospice death. the medical examiner had to pick up a body .or at min. come to the house .also the body was still sent to a hospital morgue.
my neighbor had to personally pick up his dad and place him in is bed .the cops left like i said your on your own. this was till he found a funeral home will to accept his fathers body.
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

most states require at a minimum, at least a quick check for unattended deaths or deaths of elderly. perhaps because he lived alne and there was no evidence of foul play, one of the cops talked to a coroner and was told there was no need. Could be there is no law requiring it.
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>
nitro237

Post by nitro237 »

In Louisiana, if we go on a natural death call, we call the coroner. The body can not be moved until the someone from the coroner's office releases the body.

Then the funeral home of the family's choice takes the body to the funeral home to prepare for funeral or to send for autopsy, that call is up to the coroner, but either way the body is taken away by the funeral home.

MidnightSin

Post by MidnightSin »

nitro237 wrote:In Louisiana, if we go on a natural death call, we call the coroner. The body can not be moved until the someone from the coroner's office releases the body.

Then the funeral home of the family's choice takes the body to the funeral home to prepare for funeral or to send for autopsy, that call is up to the coroner, but either way the body is taken away by the funeral home.
Same in My part of Texas