links and the forum ?

Feedback on anything site related. Forum issues and the Traders to Avoid list
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

links and the forum ?

Post by reno »

im using google chrome and windows 10 . when I click on a link on a topic in are forum . Im sent to the link and have to hit the return arrow to return to PCA forum . not sure why as I'M not having this problem on other forums. Im sure its some setting I have set wrong.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: links and the forum ?

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yeah, this was discussed in another thread. This BBS software (phpBB) forces links to open in the same tab for a security reason (not one I entirely understand). It's baked into the BBS code.

I found instructions to change it, but it involves doing some scary rewriting of the BBS code and it's not officially supported.

It used to bother me, but I just got in the habit of pressing the middle (wheel) button which forces all browsers to open a link in a tab.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

I'm not sure if it's my Tab Mix Plus addon, but holding CTRL when you click a link also causes it to open in a new tab.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yup, that works also.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

Thanks !