Meet The 19-Year-Old Who Spent Over $10,000 On Microtransactions

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Meet The 19-Year-Old Who Spent Over $10,000 On Microtransactions

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Pugsley

Re: Meet The 19-Year-Old Who Spent Over $10,000 On Microtransactions

Post by Pugsley »

You know that spending money on skins is the same a just plain old fashion. Sure a $10 tee shirt gets the job done but some people have to have that $100 Tee shirt that is exactly the same but has a different tag on it. I wont call it a waste of money... everyone has things they like and work for and that is fine as long a you live with in you means and don't get caught up like everyone does trying to win the game of "Keeping up with the Johnse's". I see it in every hobby I am involved in.
wvjohn

Re: Meet The 19-Year-Old Who Spent Over $10,000 On Microtransactions

Post by wvjohn »

I think there should be some kind of lockout for kids under a certain age, but some lessons are learned the hard way as an adult. But seriously, where are 14 yr olds getting the $$. Back in my younger days, I enjoyed going to the track. One of my buddies hit a trifecta for like $10k+ - that was long money in the 80s. Next day he quit his day job. The following monday after having tapped out over the weekend he had to beg his boss for his old job back.