upgrading phone ?

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

upgrading phone ?

Post by reno »

my Samsung starting to act up .think it time has come to do a upgrade . it so close to black friday im thinking i'll just wait and see what the big 3 have to offer . I talked to Sprint today and they kind of pissed me off :bang I just walked out of the store . I could do a Samsung Note 9 for Lease at $21 .00 a month but I'd have to get a new cell no. If I want to keep my old number that I have had for years. they say it be $40 plus a month for a 18 month lease on a Note 9. I just walked out of the store at that point. my phone on a month by month contract with them right now . my wife still on lease for 9 month for her Apple SE.
anyone heard of any good deals coming up ?
wvjohn

Re: upgrading phone ?

Post by wvjohn »

I'm seeing stories about some hardware jumping 20-30% after Jan 2019 tarrifs kicking in, so now would be a good time.
reno

Post by reno »

thanks John for the heads up.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Check T-Mobile. They're always doing some sweet deals and you can keep your number. Been with them for almost 12 yrs now.
reno

Post by reno »

still in the hunt for a good deal on a new phone .
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Keep a lookout for black Friday Deals.

Amazon had the S9 for $520 (or 5 payments of 104). https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-S ... 42011&th=1

The Q/A section says this works with both GSM and CMDA so it should work on Sprint. You'll probably want to dig a bit to make sure you don't need to enter any special settings. Since it's Amazon, put your SIM in and see if it works properly. If not, send it back. Amazon is pretty good about most returns. The S9+ is $110 more.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Moto G unlocked, a darn good phone, $200 at Best Buy:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/motorola-m ... pK2BvfXRZA
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

reno

Post by reno »

started this post way back in november and still not replaced my cell phone. just can't see paying $45.00 month for 2 to 3 years leasing one. plus $50 for the monthly service . on just one cell phone. it been like $22.00 monthly if i got a new phone no. screw that and now I heard there a reward program with my cell provider. not check it out may do that today im sure it have BS or be BS.