how large is your biggest tv ?

Discussions and tips about Home Theatre, HDTV and DVD setups
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

how large is your biggest tv ?

Post by reno »

bet I loose this one. we own 2 - 42 inch flat screens .
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: how large is your biggest tv ?

Post by FlyingPenguin »

65 inches. But we all know size doesn't matter :P
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Depends, do you consider a projector a TV? If so, 110", if not 65"
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

55". I'll never buy another OLED type TV. I have burn in image from TV stations that insist in having their logo on the bottom of the screen. With OLED, there are options in the configuration that will refresh each LED, but it's not turned on by default.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

I'll never buy another OLED type TV. I have burn in image from TV stations
good to know thanks !!!!
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Don't get me wrong Reno - the picture is incredible, but you have to be diligent in running the maintenance apps that comes with the TV.
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/oled-screen ... -know-now/

The problem for my TV is it was purchased in early 2017, and the apps they have were improved in the newer models. The app is called "pixel refresher". Our burn in image is from the Today show which is what my wife watches. Once the image is burned in, it's too late to fix it. It's noticeable when a yellow or red color is shown. It looks like a smudge. it will look like this over time:

CNN is another station that has caused burned in images.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Our largest is a 65" Samsung Plasma that still looks amazing.
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Had to buy a new TV for the family room after our remodel and I was on the wall between OLED or LED. After reading about some issues with burn-in, I decided to stick with LED.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Just 50" here. Plenty for us.
Key Keeper

Post by Key Keeper »

Just picked up a 75" Sony Bravia LED. Was torn between it or LG nano LED, or Samsung QLED. After all the back and forth, I said screw it and stuck with the tried and trued Bravia line, regular ULTRA HD 4K LED type. Havent mounted it yet as Im trying to get someone to buy the entertainment center I built many years ago. Ive really lost the taste for LG after they stopped supporting my Google TV and my LG phone has been the biggest piece of shit in the last few years.

46" in master bedroom, 46" in step sons room, 55" in daughters room, and the 47" Google TV we have in living room now will go in my other sons room so he can ditch the 22" lol.
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

A 10 year old 50" in the master bedroom. Only other TV is a 42" plasma in the living room. We mostly consume on our computers/phones.
b-man1

Post by b-man1 »

Samsung 75" QLED Q70. Got it about a month ago from Costco...very happy with it.
Key Keeper

Post by Key Keeper »

Picked up an echo dot. Pretty handy being able to operate TV by voice when the remote goes MIA lol. Now I just need a smart switch in the kitchen/dinning room when the kids leave the light on while watching a movie. The LED lights in both rooms are silly bright.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

So let me see if I understand this... OLED tv suffer the same burning issues that plasma had? I know OLED look amazing but I think I will get a nice LED LCD tv. One that has really good control of the back lights. I wont be as good as OLED but I probably wont notice.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Pugsley wrote:So let me see if I understand this... OLED tv suffer the same burning issues that plasma had? I know OLED look amazing but I think I will get a nice LED LCD tv. One that has really good control of the back lights. I wont be as good as OLED but I probably wont notice.
As I stated, the newer TV's for OLED have maintenance options to run, but if you leave CNN on all day, it's probably not a good idea to get that type of TV. I don't know WHY it's important for TV stations to have their stupid logo on all the time, especially CNN. So if you get a OLED, make sure to run the pixel refresher. These options should be on by default, but my TV options were turned off by default. Once burned it, you won't be able to fix it. I'm going to live with mine since I don't notice it until there is a red or light yellow background color.