Check out this system

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
Executioner
Life Member

Check out this system

Post by Executioner »

When I had my Corvette, I belong to this Corvette forum. One of the guys there has this system (pic is in the link):
I7-6900K processor
128 GB RAM
3 - GeForce GTX 1070 video cards (12 monitors, the other 6 run via USB to HDMI adapters)
2 TB Samsung 860 PRO SSD (OS Drive)
2 - 8 TB storage drives (internal)
4 - 10 TB storage drives (internal)

PassMark performance test score was over 20,000 for the CPU when I first built it.
https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/sho ... stcount=25
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Check out this system

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Only people I know who need that many monitors is currency traders. I've done a couple of 6 monitor setups for a couple of them.

Three GTX 1070s sound like a waste unless he's doing something with multi GPU processing. You can get cheaper cards with multiple monitor connections. He also doesn't mention any particular reason he needs 128GB of RAM. In the main thread he lists 'office, corel, zoom, VMware. VMware is the heaviest RAM user, but unless he's running several VMs for some reason, you still don't need that much. You can run a Win10 VM in 4GB. 8GB if you want performance. At 8GB he could run TEN VMs and still have 48GB to spare.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Yeah, my VMWare box has 64GB and I've got about 7 boxes running so far. Might be overkill for what he's doing.
------------------------------------------

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

and if money was no option: