Walter Reed Attending Physician swipes at Trump for motorcade visit

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
darcy

Walter Reed Attending Physician swipes at Trump for motorcade visit

Post by darcy »

I just don't get it; I keep trying to find some sense to it all but I reckon there truly just isn't any to be had.

Link:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ArcuufGceQ
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Walter Reed Attending Physician swipes at Trump for motorcade visit

Post by FlyingPenguin »

What the hell?

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I see even COVID-19 can even keep his ego down.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Yet agents are in full PPE. Whatever.

I get it. He needed to show everyone that he's better. Especially when you've got people like that ex-Clinton aide, who tweeted that she hopes he dies.
This country is in trouble as long as we've got people like her in it. Toxic people who wish the death of others, because of party affiliation or because your old boss lost an election. WTF is wrong with ppl?
------------------------------------------

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Losbot wrote:Yet agents are in full PPE. Whatever.

I get it. He needed to show everyone that he's better. Especially when you've got people like that ex-Clinton aide, who tweeted that she hopes he dies.
This country is in trouble as long as we've got people like her in it. Toxic people who wish the death of others, because of party affiliation or because your old boss lost an election. WTF is wrong with ppl?
Dude, he's fucking putting those secret service agents and their families life in jeopardy. They aren't wearing some magical PPE, the guy they show sitting in front of Trump is wearing the same dam 3M mask that I have in my garage for when I sand. He's literally saying, I don't give a fuck if you and your family win the Covid lotto and die. Fuck you and drive me around. Yes, Trump is a shining beacon of humanity.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

They were wearing plastic scrubs over their suits and face shields. You can make it out in the closeups.

I suppose if you've sworn to give your life for the president, it's another day on the job.

Still, it's a ridiculous and unnecessary spectacle. Just walking him down to the car and back would probably have involved getting a sanitizing crew to clean the route afterwards.

From a political angle, it also defeats his purpose. Undecided voters who think he's already been reckless think so even more now.

If he wants to get re elected he needs to cool his heels and rest. Let Pence take the stage for a while and project a little presidential seriousness.

But for Trump is all about the cult of personality.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

FlyingPenguin wrote:I suppose if you've sworn to give your life for the president, it's another day on the job.
"Mr. President, there's an active shooter at the rally. I don't care, just get enough agents around me."
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M. Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!
This guy can't stop lying. I knew the moment he was released he'd pull the I conquered COVID crap.
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Err wrote:[tweet]This guy can't stop lying. I knew the moment he was released he'd pull the I conquered COVID crap.
If he tweets, "Listen everyone, if my fat ass can survive covid, so can you!" I'll believe him.
darcy

Post by darcy »

Err wrote:
:smackme

That must be the quickest recovery EVER.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I've got friends who keep telling me that Trump getting Covid is proof that God has a sense of humor.

I disagree.

If God has a sense of humor, Trump will have a press conference when he gets back to the White House and puke live on TV. :D

Key Keeper

Post by Key Keeper »

Even Covid chose Trump over Biden LOL.
darcy

Post by darcy »

I am not the author of the below, I did not see it on Tv.
Friend of ours of 40+ years, Head Nurse at a city hospital, is.
He is on top of this like you-know-what.

"Trump just demonstrated what a soul less moron he is! He just got off Marine One and walked up the WH stairs which he never does, took off his mask while infected with Covid 19, did a photo op of an idiot, himself, then walked into a room behind him with people in it without his mask and kept it off. He is trying to telecast everything is normal when it's far from it. There is something more wrong with this prick, and it's not only Covid. Totally not a leader by any stretch of the imagination. He's not only a danger to this country but he's a direct danger to everyone around him. He is nowhere near cured of Covid or being a total idiot, period."

,, and I have to agree. So much for common sense, isolation, etc.

UPDATE: Trump didn't like some of the propaganda video footage that was shot the first time and came back out and did a reshoot.