SnowRunner released on Epic store

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: SnowRunner released on Epic store

Post by Losbot »

That looks cool. I haven't played in a while.
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Crap. After playing for a while, I exited and saved. When I came back to it, the map was stuck on developer mode. Looks like this is a known issue with modded maps. It's still playable but you have unlimited money (which removes any reason to play the map) and the mod tools menu is enabled.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Okay I haven't gotten a reply back from the mod maker, but from doing some reading this is apparently the way the map is designed to allow people to play with it in the sandbox.

HOWEVER, the map maker has disabled this if the map is run in the Public Test version of Snowrunner, so I'm trying that now. Public test version is available as an installable game in your EPIC game launcher.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yup. That works. Game stays in normal mode instead of reverting to mod sandbox mode so you can play it as a normal campaign.

Install the Public Test version, use the in-game mod browser to install the Meteor map. Start a new game using a custom map.