Get Mudrunner FREE on Epic

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Get Mudrunner FREE on Epic

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Free to claim this week:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p ... unner/home

For those of you, like me, who own Snowrunner, this was made by the same guy who wrote Spintires, and Snowrunner and Mudrunner are both sequels. However he had a falling out with the publisher. Snowrunner was written by the publisher, and this guy retained the rights to the name and some of the code and wrote Mudrunner. Reviewers say that Mudrunner does some things better than Snowrunner, so I'm going to play around with it.

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Get Mudrunner FREE on Epic

Post by Losbot »

Added. Thanks!
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Really should try playing coop sometime.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Make sure you pickup the DLCs for free as well. You have to "buy" them individually. Scroll down below the buy button for the game and there's like 3 of them.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I'm just doing the challenges so far, to learn the controls, but so far I like somethings better than Snowrunner. It's got a darker, browner pallet, and they shroud distant objects in fog/mist which probably gives people with weaker GPUs better performance. Mud seems to stick to the tires in a more realistic looking manner too. Less glitz than Snowrunner, but I like the way the controls work better, especially the winch. The winch has always been flaky in Snowrunner.

Another nice touch is that when the vehicle takes damage, you see the damage. After a rough ride, the vehicle can be pretty dinged up.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Seems like less micro managing, which is fine with me. You don't have to buy accessories, they are just available at the garage, and you get decent trucks right from the start, and they don't require upgrades. The focus is more on the challenges.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

FlyingPenguin wrote:Make sure you pickup the DLCs for free as well. You have to "buy" them individually. Scroll down below the buy button for the game and there's like 3 of them.
Yep! I noticed those and snagged them as well.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

FlyingPenguin wrote:Really should try playing coop sometime.
Let's plan something.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Much simpler game. No building bridges (so far, I'm on 2nd map), no finding various suppliers of different goods to deliver to different players.

You're just moving logs from the logging camps to the saw mills, unlocking watch towers to see hidden parts of the map, and finding vehicles which aren't hidden, they're just scattered around, usually parted at a logging camp, or a fuel depot.

I actually like it better. Less frustrating. I also like the physics better.

You get the feeling that this is the game he wanted to make, and the other publisher wanted to add more to it, and he wanted to keep it simple.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

FlyingPenguin wrote:You get the feeling that this is the game he wanted to make, and the other publisher wanted to add more to it, and he wanted to keep it simple.
Exactly.