“Hellcat production is sadly going to end in 2023"

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

“Hellcat production is sadly going to end in 2023"

Post by reno »

We all love the Hellcat, the ubiquitous badge that represents 707 or more supercharged horsepower thrown into a Dodge or Jeep product that was never designed for the task. After an era that saw the engine go into everything from a Ram to a Challenger to two other levels of Challenger, the Hellcat as we know it is finally headed for retirement. We've known the end was coming soon since February, but exactly how long the big power would last was a mystery until today.

2023 will be the final model year for this incarnation of the Hellcat, Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis told Motor Authority. That leaves just two years of Hellcats to buy, just two more years to walk into a dealership and walk out with between 707 and 840 horsepower worth of Charger or Challenger.

It is not the end of big horsepower at Dodge, however. Kuniskis added that the company plans to reveal an electric concept early next year, previewing an announced electric muscle car that will debut for sale in 2024. Also in 2022, Dodge will reveal a brand-new plug-in hybrid not based on an existing model and a third, unrelated project that has not been discussed yet.

Whether or not those cars wear a Hellcat badge in the future, expect big horsepower to be a core tenet of Dodge's strategy in its electrified era. Until then, we have two more years of Hellcat as we know it.
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3832 ... fter-2023/
Executioner
Life Member

Re: “Hellcat production is sadly going to end in 2023"

Post by Executioner »

0-60 in 2 seconds?
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I'm not sold on electric. It's just not as practical as they insist it is, especially for longer drives. I see this big push for electric smacking us in the face down the road. Unless the technology for batteries has some major revolution and they can be charged in 5 minutes, it's just not practical. Plus we're destroying the planet to mine all those rare minerals for the batteries.

We could go biofuel and we'd be in better shape. No emissions and we have the infrastructure to dispense it. SMH
------------------------------------------

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Then there is the infrastructure to support electric. Here in Kalifornia, they push electric but ignore the fact that we already have to go through black outs in the summer when the temperature are high. So you couple that with more charging their cars, it just not make sense to me that they ignore supporting the electric grid before pushing electric cars.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

we talking about electric cars but now there electric bikes -these people who say how there want to be heath wise -then they get these bike im like WTH. talk to a friend in st. pete. Florida last night and he got one order it 2 grand . will get up to 45 miles on a charge. he a liberal and im thinking it be a fad for him. maybe a year from now he be selling this bike . it get stolen from him not locking it up.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I don't understand buying an electric bike, unless you just want to ride and not exercise. For that, I'll get me another motorcycle so I can go faster and farther w/o having to deal with charging. But I see lots of ppl buying these bikes for exercise and using the electric motor to assist them. LOL
------------------------------------------

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

The Hellcat is such a small quantity production car, I don't see why they would end it. Chrysler gets a lot of flack for still using the LX platform but having owned a Charger and Challenger, these cars are solid. I think the refresh to the rumored Alfa platform will kill these cars. I don't look for Chrysler or Dodge to survive for more than 5 or 10 years. Stellantis will kill both nameplates and keep Ram and Jeep.

The transition to electric is going to be rough. I don't think that our Domestic manufactures have the battery tech down yet. When Toyota and Honda start releasing fully electric cars, it will be time to consider one. I wouldn't mind having one but I'd have to invest in getting a 240V 60A plug installed which would require a new box at my current house. I also can't plug in when I get to work. Since I drive 160 miles per day, winter driving would suck because I'd always be worrying about range as these cars lose about half once it starts freezing.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Wow, 160 miles a day? That's a long ride.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

FlyingPenguin wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:03 am Wow, 160 miles a day? That's a long ride.
I've been driving it for 23 years now. This time of the year is the hardest because I leave when it's dark and get home when it's dark.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

reno wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:09 am we talking about electric cars but now there electric bikes -these people who say how there want to be heath wise -then they get these bike im like WTH. talk to a friend in st. pete. Florida last night and he got one order it 2 grand . will get up to 45 miles on a charge. he a liberal and im thinking it be a fad for him. maybe a year from now he be selling this bike . it get stolen from him not locking it up.
Another reason to get an electric "bike" is that you can use them on roads but not be required to be licensed or plated or insured. also no road taxes.