Apple watch headache

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Apple watch headache

Post by reno »

its kind of a headache for me anyway .wife has one and the battery starting to not hold it charge . anyway she saying she having to recharge it daily . Im clueless as to what model it is . Im not sure even what it cost to have the battery replace .
her birthday coming up at the end of July. here the next question is it worth replacing the battery or just replace the apple watch.
then its from looking on the apple site do I buy if replacing it . what model there 3 different one offer at the moment . Dam Apple anyway she has there phone ,2 of there Ipads also the watch that having the charging /battery problem . there the cost to think about there listed a $200 ,$300 and $400 depending on what model we were to buy .
I use a fitbit and it lists for $150 a mid range model . this one really didn't cost me. as it was part of my Heath care plan.
im just glad we have about 1 1/2 months to fig this crap out on a Apple watch for her ! The old days 20 years ago a watch was a lot simpler to buy for her white or yellow case ,dress or sport style with or without a second hand . lastly what brand and how much cash to drop on it.
at least what brand we know to get her today :)
Executioner
Life Member

Re: Apple watch headache

Post by Executioner »

I simply can't own an Apple product - too expensive and it has limitations on what files you can add.

My wife will get a new Apple phone about every 2-3 years. Me, my Android phone will last 5 years before I decide to get another one, and it's usually based on security updates are no longer supported on the older models. I currently have a Samsung S9. My next phone will be a Pixel. My wife currently has the iPhone 13, but the battery on it, she has to charge it at least twice a day as she is always on it.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yeah, it's time for me to go look at the latest Pixels. I'm still on a Pixel 2 XL (officially no longer supported) and the wife has a Pixel 3a.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

We're on the Pixel 6 and we absolutely LOVE the hardware and it's capabilities. I'd recommend you wait just a little longer, as there's usually an "A" designation after. It might be worth waiting a couple of months and you can save some cash on the original version.

My wife's Pixel 6 has been flawless. Mine though, I have replaced three times now and I'm convinced, after transferring all my stuff & apps over each time, that what I need to do is wipe it clean and start clean. Something is coming over that's causing issues each time. Has to be that. Just sucks to start from scratch but I've been transferring stuff over from Pixel to Pixel, since transferring was allowed. I had the very first Pixel and all of them since, except the 5.
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I always move everything manually. Takes a while, but at least you know what's onboard.

I do use a keyboard and mouse to make life easier.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Usually if a app is not compatible with the new phone software, it should say so. At least it did on my Samsung S9.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Yeah, everything was compatible but still. I did just delete some 20 apps and it's not a lot better and more stable

reno

Post by reno »

just order her a new I-7 apple watch in white -then order a bunch of face covers and asst watch bands . figured this way she can change the look as she wants .
reno

Post by reno »

watch arrived all good but came with a usb -C charging cable - I was shock to find seeing we been samsung myself for years . I didn't have any spair usb -c wall chargers left in reservice.so we had to order her one . as all her chargers are the old flat apple port type . she is able to charge the new watch using a slow wireless charging pad .she has but it will take like 3-4 hours every time. so just order her 2 different type of connector converters and charging base's
reno

Post by reno »

watch arrived all good but came with a usb -C charging cable - I was shock to find seeing we been samsung myself for years . I didn't have any spair usb -c wall chargers left in reservice.so we had to order her one . as all her chargers are the old flat apple port type . she is able to charge the new watch using a slow wireless charging pad .she has but it will take like 3-4 hours every time. so just order her 2 different type of connector converters and charging base's
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Side note: Just got the Fossil smart watch about a month ago. Wow. Damn nice watch. Last time I had a smart watch was back when LG released their first one. Looks & works great.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Good looking watch. So how useful do you find it? I still don't see a use case except maybe to see a text or who's calling without pulling out the phone.

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

reno wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:04 am watch arrived all good but came with a usb -C charging cable - I was shock to find seeing we been samsung myself for years . I didn't have any spair usb -c wall chargers left in reservice.so we had to order her one . as all her chargers are the old flat apple port type . she is able to charge the new watch using a slow wireless charging pad .she has but it will take like 3-4 hours every time. so just order her 2 different type of connector converters and charging base's
We just charge ours at night with the wireless charger that came with it. Haven't had an issue with it not lasting the day or needing a faster charger. Do you sleep less than 4 hours? lol
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

FlyingPenguin wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:36 am Good looking watch. So how useful do you find it? I still don't see a use case except maybe to see a text or who's calling without pulling out the phone.
Here's how we've been mostly using our watches:
  • Auto unlock the phone was useful when we wore masks. I still wear them on planes.
  • Timer which cooking or exercising to avoid having to pull out my phone
  • Fitness tracker
  • Looking at text messages/incoming calls, or other notifications
I think my wife uses Siri to send text messages without pulling out her phone, or something like that, not sure.
reno

Post by reno »

well i miss understood the wife and today driving back from daughters figured out IM going to have to order her a charging dock station . she used the charger from her old apple watch and the usb block to charge the watch .well she planning on giving her old unit and that charger to are daughter. so off to amazon we go shopping for the correct system .sucks the new phone comes with a charging lead cord but no wall usb power plug .