Good NiMH battery charger I found

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Good NiMH battery charger I found

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Most of the off the shelf battery chargers have been very disappointing. They often don't fully charge the batteries and they only charge the batteries dumbly and in pairs. So if you have two double A's that have been discharged unevenly both are going to charge the same amount of time and one will be overcharged.

I've got a lot of AA batteries now because of my steam controller, controllers for the oculus headset, and other things. Probably have about 10 batteries I cycle through.

In search of a better solution I came across this on Amazon for 25 bucks and so far I'm liking it. Individually charges each battery, and has a battery charge indicator for each battery.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081B8W9HX?ps ... ct_details

Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Executioner
Life Member

Re: Good NiMH battery charger I found

Post by Executioner »

Thanks for that. I have several AA's that I recharge. The batteries are from Japan and not China. Model is Eneloop.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Good find
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

BTW. It doesn't come with a power supply. You need to use a (must be at least 2 amp) USB charger. Either USB-C or micro USB. I have mine connected to a good quality 5 port 8 amp Anker PowerPort charger I have on my desk to charger all my devices: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VH958F0

Some people in the reviews that have charging issues turned out to be using a USB charger that didn't supply enough current.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Thank you, loving the charger so far. I have mine connected using a Choetech 5V/3A charger, so far seems to be charging just fine.